How to...Find information resources?
- Use the OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) to locate different formats of library materials, i.e., book, audio/video recording, CD-ROM, kit, thesis, article, etc.
- Key-in your search term, and copy the call number, author & title and location of selected item.
- Look for the item in the appropriate stack area. if you fail to locate it, you may seek the assistance of the library staff.
Borrow library materials?
- Give your valid AUF ID card to the library staff.
- Present selected item(s) and filled-out books card(s) with your printed name, signature, college & ID number.
- Wait for few minutes while the library staff checks-out the item(s)
- Check your receipt if recorded transaction corresponds to actual borrowed item(s).
- Take note of DATE DUE when the item(s) should be returned to the Library to avoid overdue fines.
Return library materials?
- Bring all borrowed items on or before the due date to the concerned section/branch library.
- Keep your checked-IN receipt for future reference.
Recall checked-out materials of other client?
- You may personally request or email your reservation of checked-out item(s) to the section / branch librarian.
Renew library materials?
- Checked-out item(s) may be requested for an extension of loan period provided that there are no reservations or recalls made by other clients.
Settle fines or computer service(s) fees?
- Fines / computer services' fee are accepted during office hours in selected sections / branch libraries mentioned below. An official AUF Library Temporary Receipt shall be issued to you upon payment.
- Director's Office
- Lourdes Hall Building ( 1st & 4th Floors)
- Professional Schools Bldg. (PS / CBA Libraries)
- Integrated School Library
- Item(s) returned late are subject to overdue fines inclusive of Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Lost/damaged library materials must be reported immediately to the concerned section / branch librarian to avoid incur of fines. The reported items may be settled either any of the following options and payment of processing fee & fines (if there are any):
- payment of current price
- replacement with the same copy or most recent edition / copyright date
- Library users are enjoined to observe General Policies on Readers' Services displayed in all sections/branch libraries, e.g. proper behavior, among others. Non-conformance with the library policies shall be meted with corresponding sanction(s).
For Non-AUF clients:
Admission / Borrowing Requirements
- Valid identification card (ID); and
- A Permit from the AUF Library Director, which may be secured upon presentation of the document specified below, and payment of Research Fee.
Library Permit Requirements
Personal Letter of Introduction (LOI) duly endorsed by the Dean of concerned College and the Director of Alumni Affairs and Placement Services (AAPS)
Referral Letter from the Librarian, or the immediate Head of visiting client(s) of private or government agencies / insitutions.
- Only five (5) clients per agency or institution shall be allowed per day.
- Non-AUF clients shall be accommodated from Mondays-Fridays only, except on major examination weeks and other activities that may require exclusive use of the University Libraries in favor of the AUF community.